What are the obstacles to changing behavior, and what we can do to enhance our oral care conversation with our patients to facilitate their innate motivation to change? The desires of our patients are changing from the goal of managing illness and disease toward achieving a state of whole mouth health. In this program we will discuss the trends in dentistry towards the goals of whole mouth health, becoming a partner with your patient in their oral health using the 4Ps of patient care, treatments and best practices for achieving whole mouth health. Whole mouth health is essential to achieving whole person health.
- Describe the trends in dental disease and dental care
- List the 4 P’s of patient care and how to incorporate into daily patient care
- Identify treatments and behaviors to enable patients to achieve whole mouth health
- Identify tools that can be used to engage patients to participate in their oral health status.
- Be familiar with communication styles that resonate with patients in communication, their participation, their gingival health
Was this article helpful?
If you’d like a response, Contact Us.