Awards, Scholarships, and Grants
Explore what you can apply for to enhance your career and better the world of oral health.
Sponsored by Colgate-Palmolive Company, these scholarships are awarded to members of minority groups currently underrepresented in dental hygiene programs of the Associate educational level. Example elegible applicants include: African Americans, Hispanics, Asians, Native Americans, and males.
Education level pursuing: Associate degree
Maximum number of annual awards: 2
Award amount: $1,250
The Volpe Prize recognizes the best clinical research in periodontology by dentistry students in accredited dental schools or dental post-graduate programs in Canada, Mexico or the U.S.
One abstract from each dental academic institution will be accepted for review. Twelve finalists will be selected to make oral presentations at The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. Each finalist will receive a $500 travel grant. The winner of the Volpe Prize will receive $3,500 and a certificate of recognition.
Intended for younger researchers (under 35), these awards make travel to the annual meeting of the IADR/AADR possible.
The Colgate STAR Award recognizes graduating dental hygiene students who show excellence and commitment to the dental hygiene profession by:
- Demonstrating true dedication to the profession
- Exhibiting extraordinary compassion in patient care
- Displaying enthusiasm and follow-through for community service
- Demonstrating outstanding patient education and motivation skills
Nominating your outstanding student is easy.
Simply follow the directions below.
1. Go to Applications will be accepted at www.ColgateStarAward.com.
2. Complete the online application, providing the award recipient’s name and date of graduation event
3. A confirmation screen will appear once you submit your application
4. A Certificate of Recognition will arrive within 7-10 days of your submission followed by Colgate STAR award materials within 14 days
The 2021 Colgate STAR Program offerings
Colgate-Palmolive is proud to offer the Colgate Award for Research Excellence (CARE). The CARE program is a 1-year research grant ($30,000.00 USD) to foster the development of first-time-in-career (0 to 5 years) academic oral health or dental researchers. The goal of the program is to advance oral healthcare therapies in the realm of basic science, translational science, and clinical care.
In order to be eligible to apply for the CARE grant, you must:
- Have a primary appointment as a full-time faculty at an accredited dental school in the USA or Canada
- Be in the first five years of your initial academic appointment
- Have additional sources of financial support for the proposed study
Applications will be accepted at https://colgategrant.smapply.io/ from August 16, 2021 to October 22, 2021. For further details, please see our CARE Program Guidelines and FAQs. For general information and questions contact us at CAREprogram@colpal.com.
Colgate invites dental students to participate in The Power Of A Smile, a Colgate case study challenge, to promote prevention and oral care strategies in patient care.
1. One first place winner will receive a $5000 check
2. One second place winner will receive a $3000 check
3. One third place winner will receive a $2000 check from Colgate
Find the application and Rules in the ColPro Update File