Date: Apr 15, 2015
Speakers: Jacquelyn Fried RDH, MS
This will address HPV-associated head and neck cancers, their characteristics, known risk factors, theories regarding their etiology, and roles oral-health professionals can assume in their prevention, detection, and referral.
Participants will learn:
- National and global trends related to the incidence and prevalence of HPV-associated head and neck cancers
- How characteristics of oral (typically HPV-negative) and oropharyngeal (typically HPV-positive) cancers differ
- Theories associating bacteria, inflammation, plaque biofilm, and saliva with HPV-positive head and neck cancers
- Ways to enhance their current practices to address HPV-associated head and neck cancers
- Approaches to patient education regarding the prevention of HPV-associated head and neck cancers
For more free dental continuing education, visit www.colgateoralhealthnetwork.com
HPV: A Cause for Concern is co-sponsored by Tribune Group GmbH. Tribune Group GmbH is a recognized ADA CERP and AGD PACE provider.